This is a blog about me, Ally, 44 now...trying to conceive baby #3. After 5 years, several miscarriages and heartaches we finally did it. Ava Lynn was born on January 30th 2009. Now I have two teenagers and a baby! Ally wants three is now complete. It's all gravy from here on in...

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Update - Induction set!

Had a dr. appt today because I was having alot of contractions. Dr. says I'm still only 3 cm but will admit me to the hospital for "early labor" on Friday. I need to have the antibiotics needed for GBS so it's good I will have time to get the meds in me before they induce.

I'm so glad it's finally gonna happen!

Image hosting by Photobucket

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Weekly Dr Appt. - 37 weeks

Still very little change. 2 -21/2 cm. I had a non stress test . Two monitors were hooked up to see if I was having contractions (I had 1 in 15 minutes) and one to see Ava's HB. She was bouncing all around and kept falling off the kid is already a handful.

Needless to say, no induction today. Dr. is being cautious because she is afraid her lungs might not be fully mature and the hospital gives a hard time for elective inductions. So, I sit and wait. She said I am considered full term and if she comes on her own, fine...or if by the next visit (next Thursday) we will make a date to come in and have her.

I'm so large, uncomfortable, can't sleep, can't breathe, mounds of pressure. I know I shouldn't complain. I am grateful, anxious, excited and just can't wait to see her and hold her.

Did I mention Dr. guesstimates 8 lbs? sheesh!

Image hosting by Photobucket

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

36 weeks...yes, I know I'm HUGE!

36 weeks

36 weeks

Dr. Appt today confirmed I am 2 cm dialated and Ava's head is very VERY low which concerned the dr. I would go before my induction date. So I am on bedrest for the next week...she wants me to get to at least 37 weeks. If by the next appt (which is scheduled for next Friday) I am dialated 4 cm or more, it's right to the hospital.

I have also tested positive for GBS ( a form of strep which apparantly means I am a carrier for) and I have to have antibiotics put in an IV so that Ava doesn't get it. Nothing serious but they have to take precautions.

So, that's it. I will keep everyone updated as long as I'm able. :)

Image hosting by Photobucket

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Dr Appt today - 34 1/2 weeks -


I've been going to the Dr. weekly now and today I had an ultrasound to determine the size of Ava by her measurements. According to the Dr. , Ava is 5 lbs 12 ozs. and measuring about a week ahead. We're still looking for a late January induction depending on her weight at the end of the month. It could go earlier or's really up to her weight or if she decides to show early. The amniotic fluid, blood pressure and head size are all on target. Bad news: I have terrible hemorrhoids which the Dr. labeled "horrific" so she referred me to a specialist for a more potent med...Prep H isn't helping.

So, that's it. It'll be about 3 weeks or so. Hopefully I can get some relief before then and not have to worry about hemorrhoids on top of labor and delivery.

Image hosting by Photobucket