Photobucket

This is a blog about me, Ally, 44 now...trying to conceive baby #3. After 5 years, several miscarriages and heartaches we finally did it. Ava Lynn was born on January 30th 2009. Now I have two teenagers and a baby! Ally wants three is now complete. It's all gravy from here on in...

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Friends

I have had alot on my mind and I need to get it out. And while I write this, I know that only a few will read and I guess that's the issue. I have no real friends. I have people that I meet here and there, people who I've met through jobs, online, etc but no real friends. I don't know why that is. I've moved alot in my life so I guess that is part of the problem. The other problem is none of my "so-called" friends are in any way reciprocal in the friendship. If it involves work like a weekly call, email or a simple text...well. that's too much work.

I know more than anyone that life is hard. It has it's challenges. Jobs, children, stresses of life but isn't that when you need your friends the most? I thought that I'd have certain friends for life but that doesn't seem to be the case. They don't call, don't want to go out of their way and I really think "true friendship" is a lost art.

My husband is my best friend. I know he truly cares about me and would do anything for me. I also know I'm his. Besides a true love in each other we have true respect and friendship. Sometimes, we'd like to see that in our "friends". We have yet to see that in anyone. We often talk about moving to a little town when we are in retirement age, a town like the movie "New in Town". People who care and are always there for you. Does such a place exist? We sure hope so.

For anyone who still reads this, and or cares, I have closed my facebook account. To me, facebook is a "faux" place where people can say they are your "friends" but not really. They think it's a "good enough" place to be your friend. No work, just a simple retort to a status message or a comment on your wall is good enough. It isn't.

So, in short...if anyone gives a rat's ass...maybe this is food for thought. And no, I don't not want the obligatory text of "hi, how are you"...or a "sorry I've been busy". This post was for me...and not for you. I will simply fall by the waist side and you will move on...and that's how is goes... yet again.

Image hosting by Photobucket

5 Comments:

At 11:25 AM, Blogger Jenn said...

You know I am always here if you need me Pea!

Talk to you soon.

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Jenna said...

I am sorry that you are feeling like you have no friends. I hope that you will be able to make new friends... people who haven't lost the art of friendship.
Friendship is so precious, it is a lot of work at times but it is so priceless.
Don't give up hope.... a new friend could be just around the corner.

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger Milenka said...

My "friends" are the same...and then I go on and get moody and copycat their behavior. I've probably lurked at your blog for years without hardly ever commenting. Counter-productive, I know. I apologize.

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I couldn't agree more. I have always felt stupid having to say I really have no friends and it often felt like I was the only one who didn't. I'm sorry you have to to feel that way too. =(

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger Liz said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home