Photobucket

This is a blog about me, Ally, 44 now...trying to conceive baby #3. After 5 years, several miscarriages and heartaches we finally did it. Ava Lynn was born on January 30th 2009. Now I have two teenagers and a baby! Ally wants three is now complete. It's all gravy from here on in...

Saturday, March 14, 2009

6 week post-partum checkup

Yesterday was my follow-up appt with my gyno. They do a quick exam to make sure the uterus is back to normal and ask aboout birth control. I chose the IUD (Mirena). It seemed like the easiest and she can insert it right there and then which she did. She said I'd have mild discomfort along with some spotting for awhile as my uterus gets used to it.

Today, however, I can feel the plastic string and it doesn't feel good to say the least. It feels like it's scraping against my insides. I called the doctor and she wanted me to do an exam to see if the IUD was coming out or if it was indeed the string...it was the string. If this feeling doesn't go away by next week, I am
having it removed. No birth control should be painful.

Anyway, still have a pretty bad cold and I'm sure I'll give it to the baby as I'm with her all the time. I just hope she doesn't have it as bad as me and my son do.

Here are some of the latest pics of Ava, Mike and Kelly ... Enjoy.










Image hosting by Photobucket

1 Comments:

At 11:52 AM, Blogger Sporty said...

Great pics Ally! Sorry that you are having a hard time with the IUD on top of being sick. Ava is getting so big and she is such a doll. Mike and Kelly are really growing up!

Lets try to chat soon. Miss ya!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home