Photobucket

This is a blog about me, Ally, 44 now...trying to conceive baby #3. After 5 years, several miscarriages and heartaches we finally did it. Ava Lynn was born on January 30th 2009. Now I have two teenagers and a baby! Ally wants three is now complete. It's all gravy from here on in...

Friday, October 28, 2005

My Son's ARD meeting

It was a long one...2 1/2 hours. The meeting consisted of: Mike's old teacher, his Adaptive PE coach, speech pathologist, principal, his current teacher (if you could call her that), the psychologist, the school administrator and me. I decided to tape it as well...just in case.

We started going over his IEP goals because his present ones very so vague, it didn't really mean anything. I made sure I interjected on every goal, as I didn't think they were being used in the classroom at all. Long story short, every goal had to be changed.

The psychologist asked me what my concerns were and I had a long laundry list. Lack of structure in the class, no desk for Mike, no pec cards for communication, it went on and on. Noone said a word, Everyone nodded that things needed to be drastically changed. I mentioned how I thought the teacher was inexperienced and had a lack of commitment. I ended it with requesting that he be removed and placed in a proper setting where he can stop regressing and start to thrive again.

His old teacher and adaptive PE chimed in and asked mentioned how regressed they thought he was and they concurred he needed to be placed eleswhere. It was determined, by the concensus that Michael was too small to be placed in the high school and too old to be in the middle school. My only alternative was to place him in another junior high campus. I told them I wasn't up to speed with the teachers or the classes there and would have to observe them before I made a deciision. I was told that it was an Administrative decision, not one of the parent...I totally disagreed with that and will be voicing strongly where I want him to go.

SO, thats it. Another meeting is scheduled in 10 days where I will make my deciosion where to place him and have already called the other junior highs to observe in those classrooms.

Good GOD, I hope we move so I don't have to go through all of their Bull anymore!!!

On another note, the place where my DH is staying in San Antonio has been sold. He has three weeks to be out. Now the crunch hits. I called my realtor and told her to get with the other realtor and find out if those people are still interested because we are ready to negotiate! Hopefully we'll hear something today.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Image hosting by Photobucket

1 Comments:

At 5:06 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Ally, I am sorry the meeting didn't go as well as planned. Seems like yesterday was a bad day for school meetings. (You can check out my blog about our eventful evening). I do hope things get worked out for you and Mikey. Good luck on the house negotiation, too!
Heather M.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home