Photobucket

This is a blog about me, Ally, 44 now...trying to conceive baby #3. After 5 years, several miscarriages and heartaches we finally did it. Ava Lynn was born on January 30th 2009. Now I have two teenagers and a baby! Ally wants three is now complete. It's all gravy from here on in...

Saturday, October 29, 2005

2nd Annual Engagement Ring Show

Look at Jamie's site for the details...

http://babywait.blogspot.com/

Now here's my ring and story...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Wedding band has three diamonds...one for David, Michael and Kelly
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

My husband and I met in 1997 on the internet. It was a fluke really. After my divorce I didn't get out much (not with 2 little kids) so I decided to go to a Texas chat room. I lived in Florida and thought that Texas had friendly southern people and boy was I right.

I met David in the #texas chat room and we became friends. I never discussed my situation but he knew I had kids and assumed I was married. I listened to him talk about this girl and that girl and I even gave him advice. It wasn't until a friend of ours told him I was single again that he tried to turn the friendship table. I said NO WAY!!! Originally. I didn't want a man who dated a different girl every night of the week. He told me that he would change if I gave him a chance. It was a HUGE leap of faith especially being long distance. We talked every night, on the phone for hours and became really close. He never dated another woman again.

I liked the situation...him in Texas, me in Florida...it gave us the time to really get to know each other without the physical. 4 months later we met and it was instant fireworks. I have heard many horror stories about people who meet online but I truly found gold in my David. We dated LD for another year until he made the move to Florida. We lived together for another year and had talked about marriage but I didn't want to rush him. I certainly wasn't in any hurry either.

So, one night, we were eating dinner, Mikey (my autistic son who was 6 at the time) was in the bathroom in the next room...we were potty training. My daughter, who was 4 was carrying on because Mikey was crying to get off. He said to me "Honey, you see what's going on...it's pure chaos". I didn't know where he was going with it but just said "yes Dave I know". He proceeded to say "Well, is this is a typical chaotic day and I can handle it no problem" then "I think spending the rest of my life with you and the kids is where I need to be". I smiled and was happy to hear those words. I never imagined what would come next. He reached over and pulled out a little black velvet box out of his briefcase and said "So, will you and the kids be with me forever?".

Talk about shock! Never in a million years did I picture him asking me while Mikey was sitting on the potty saying "off please" and Kelly screaming about wanting to watch Pocahontas on video for the 15th time. Needless to say, I kissed him, said yes.

We got married on June 11th in Los Olas Florida, on a yacht. We were married by the captain and had our reception at sea. It was truly spectacular.

We've been happily married for 6 years.

Image hosting by Photobucket

2 Comments:

At 8:24 AM, Blogger Mrs. D. said...

Beautiful ring... beautiful story ... beautiful nails!!!! (I so need a manicure!!!)

Thanks for participating!

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Sporty said...

That is a wonderful story Ally. I am so glad that you, Dave, and the kids have each other.

Take care.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home