Photobucket

This is a blog about me, Ally, 44 now...trying to conceive baby #3. After 5 years, several miscarriages and heartaches we finally did it. Ava Lynn was born on January 30th 2009. Now I have two teenagers and a baby! Ally wants three is now complete. It's all gravy from here on in...

Sunday, March 13, 2005

A Perfect Date

David and I had a date night last night. His brother offered to babysit for us which was amazing in itself. I can't remember the last date night we had. Many MANY months ago.

Anyway, we didn't know what to do so we decided to head north to the Woodlands. A nice town about 30-45 minutes away. It is so pretty and they have this nice outdoor mall with restaurants, fountains & waterways. All the trees were light up...it was really pretty. The weather was absolutely gorgeous. In the 60s with a light breeze.

We decided to go to Landrys. A really nice seafood restaurant. We knew we'd have to wait considering it was 8 PM already. We made our way to the bar and I even had a drink. Hey, it's not TTC week so why not. Normally I'm not a bar gal...cigarette smoke makes me wanna hurl and I want to bash in the head of the person doing it. Did you know 2nd hand smoke has a 90 percent chance of giving a woman breast cancer? Makes me sick but that's another story.

We decided to eat outside and enjoy the water and the weather. I was having such a good time with my husband. I was even feeling a little tipsy. David ordered stuffed mushrooms stuffed with crab...OH MY GOD! They were incredible. Best thing I've tasted since Emerils. Dave got the seafood platter and I got the seafood pasta...shrimp, scallops, stuffed shrimp and crab on top of angel hair pasta with garlic and spinach. WOW! to hell with the diet. I was in heaven. A three drinks later, Dave was getting lucky tonight!!!!

I had such a great time. Walking around enjoying each other's company. We went to the bookstore (which we always do together...I know a couple of nerds) and of course I wound up in the pregnancy section. We laughed at a few of the books on fatherhood, and decided it was time to go. I didn't want our perfect night to end.

On the way, he wanted to stop for dessert. It was 11PM and most of he places were closed. I didn't know where I was going to put dessert but we stopped at Whataburger on the way home and got shakes. Mine is still in the freezer.

Well, that was our perfect date. Simple and carefree but thats what makes it great. And the best part...after those killer mushrooms and my fine looking husband...we both got lucky! And we didn't even HAVE to!

Image hosting by Photobucket

2 Comments:

At 9:25 AM, Blogger Jenna said...

Hey Ally,
I didn't relize you lived in houston, I used to live in the Woodlands. Not very far at all from the shopping stip. I miss it. My aunt lives up there and I really need to go visit. Reading you post made me want to get in my car and stay up there for a few days. I love the woodlands mall. I love build a bear and cinnabon and everything. enough of that..
It is great that you had such a wonderful night. It really sounds incredible. I don't really care for seafood but my aunt and uncle love Laundry's so I have been there so many times. They are more likely to eath there when they are in galvastan because it is on the gulf. I am so serious it is going to be hard not to skip church leave a note for J and run off to the woodlands for a few days. I know be good Jenna, be good.
Jenna

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger Heather said...

Ally, it sounds like you had a great date. It's good that you have someone you can leave the kids with. And just plain ol' sex is always good, too. It's nice to be able to get away from the TTC sex every now and then. I'm glad you had such a good time!
Heather M.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home