Photobucket

This is a blog about me, Ally, 44 now...trying to conceive baby #3. After 5 years, several miscarriages and heartaches we finally did it. Ava Lynn was born on January 30th 2009. Now I have two teenagers and a baby! Ally wants three is now complete. It's all gravy from here on in...

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

My RE appointment

It was productive I think. The doctor was nice...and not stuffy which I always worry about. She bagan by asking me some questions about ovulation since the miscarriage. She asked about the methods I had tried up to this point. I gave her my medical history along with the medicines I'm taking. She seems to think the only thing holding me back from getting pregnant...is my age.

I wanted her to be aggressive in my treatment and she seems to be with me on that. She has requested I have some bloodwork done to check my hormones. Those tests need to be done on CD 2 or 3 and being I'm currently CD 11, will have to wait until next cycle. She has also requested Dave get a sperm analysis done just to be sure . Then the week after my menstrual cycle and the blood work, I have to come in for an ultrasound of my uterus. She wants to make sure their are no cysts or polyps.

My next appointment with her is after she gets all the results back from the blood , sperm and ultrasound. Depending on how that goes, she said the next step will be Follistim ( a stronger egg inducer) along with IUI. She told me it has a better success rate for women my age than with Clomid. Actually double the success rate for the first 3 cycles, after that it drops back down.

So, that's it. I am hopeful. I didn't want to get into IVF with her. I told her I'm not interested in going that route at this point. We'll see how IUI goes and hopefully, God help me, I can get pregnant before I turn 40.

Image hosting by Photobucket

3 Comments:

At 3:17 PM, Blogger Sporty said...

I am so glad that your appt. went good today. I have been thinking about ya!

I will keep my fingers crossed that you don't have to wait for next cycle to get the testing done because you will get pg this cycle!!!

If you do have to go into next cycle, it sounds promising. Sounds like you got a dr. that has you and what you want in mind. That is great news!!!!

Well, I just wanted to let you know that I was thinking about ya!

Love ya,
Chas

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

Like I told you before - I am really happy that your DR appointment went great (lucky for the doctor as well!!)

So - either a December 2005
January 2006
February 2006or
March 2006 Baby -

SO I think I will like 02/04/06 - how is that for a birthday!!! That is the one! February 4th, 2006 - on your 2nd round of IUI -
The pinocle cards do not lie!!!!

Love ya Pea!

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger Heather said...

I am so glad that your appt. went real good. Sounds like you got a good doctor. I hope this is will get you to your pregnancy real fast!

Heather M.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home