Photobucket

This is a blog about me, Ally, 44 now...trying to conceive baby #3. After 5 years, several miscarriages and heartaches we finally did it. Ava Lynn was born on January 30th 2009. Now I have two teenagers and a baby! Ally wants three is now complete. It's all gravy from here on in...

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

In Reply to Jenn's Post to God


OK, I didn't see Jenns post until Tuesday morning.

As Lesley said, I too feel the joys of the family I was blessed with, the friends that I have had and the choices that bring me to today. I remember when Michael was 3, and diagnosed with Autism. I remember going through the denial phase. "There is nothing wrong with my child" etc etc, but I was made to face facts. I remember asking God "why me?" and then later telling him I was sorry because I knew why he chose me. He chose me because I'm the best person to be his mother. I remember asking him why my 1st husband couldn't be more hands on, couldn't be more loving and affectionate towards me and this child...god had no answers for me. I was very unhappy and as it turns out pregnant again. I didn't know how blessed I was. It wasn't difficult for me to get pregnant. It was difficult for me to raise two kids on my own but I was destined to do it.

My 1st husband found solace in someone else and it was over. I had to move on. I didn't know why God was punishing me. I didn't know why he wanted me to raise two kids alone. He had to have some master plan for me. And he did, David. He brought this man into my life and I'm thankful every day for him.

All I would ask of God is to give him what I had...a child. I hope he answers my prayers. I hope he answers the prayers of the two people I connect with on this level, Jenn and Lesley. Maybe he will hear our thanks and prayers and return the favor.

So Jenn and Les, I think our time will come, and if not, I am thankful for what I already have, for you two and just to be happy.

Image hosting by Photobucket

2 Comments:

At 9:02 AM, Blogger Jenn said...

AMEN!!

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger The Crusader said...

I understand what you are going through. My wife and I have three children, the oldest girl is a stepdaughter to me. We wanted a larger family, but my little son (5) is autistic. He is such a handful that we decided against having more children. In some ways he is so smart and can be very sweet, but he will turn on a dime and start pinching and has yet to to take a poop in the toilet without a lot of coaching.

Sometimes, I have to admit that I am still angry at God. Why me? Why my son who looks just like me? I thought my life was ruined. It is something I still have to struggle with.

But I am still here with my wife of ten plus years and we get by as best we can.

Maybe we should start a blogger support group for parents of autistic children...

In His Name,
William C. Fisher

 

Post a Comment

<< Home