Photobucket

This is a blog about me, Ally, 44 now...trying to conceive baby #3. After 5 years, several miscarriages and heartaches we finally did it. Ava Lynn was born on January 30th 2009. Now I have two teenagers and a baby! Ally wants three is now complete. It's all gravy from here on in...

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Attitude... Good versus Bad

Winston Churchill once said: "Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference".

This saying is so true that it is downright scary. I know that because I find myself better able to deal with my infertility when I wake up in a good mood. It seems so simple then to forget that there is anything wrong with my life, to look past everything and just try to be as funny and loving as I can. This always seems to make my family happier too. But how do we get there?

How can we choose to have a better attitude when the skies seem so gray?

Attitude impacts us as we face each and every day. It impacts our day and it impact other's day as well. Simply put, we need to recognize what we can control in our life and what we cannot. What we need to do next is take the things that we can control and make the best of it with them, while adapting to the ones we can't.

That other saying comes to mind here... God, Grant me the SerenityTo accept the things I cannot change,Courage to change the things I can,and Wisdom to know the difference.

Our life is just too precious, each day too important to sit and dwell over things we cannot change. Surely there will be days where things go wrong and we can't pick ourselves up, but there has to be more than a few days where things are looking up. We need to remember those days as we take control of our life and our daily attitude.

If, for example, our attitude is one of hope & possibility, then we might seek different and even unusual treatments for ourselves. Our mind can be open to all sorts of possibilities, the future may not look so gloomy. Many inventions came out of this state of mind. If we adopt the state of mind that our life is not tragic but full of wonderful things and love, we can expect to live a more balanced and happier inner and outer life as well.

Having a good attitude is not only important for our well being, but for our family as well, because they take their cues from us. If we think life is tragic because of our misfortunes, they will think their life is tragic too. If we think that life is wonderful, they will not constantly complain, but be grateful of a good day.If we are bitter about the cards we were dealt, so will they.

We unfortunately belong in a club that none of us has chosen, with a membership we cannot cancel. Even if we are successful in the club, it will always be a part of who we are. Our attitude, bad or good, impacts all we do and affects all those around us.

Image hosting by Photobucket

6 Comments:

At 7:27 PM, Blogger Mrs. D. said...

Nicely said Ally.

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Heather P. said...

Alley that was beautiful!! I have said that the next time I get pregnant my attitude will be to love my baby and to tell the world how much I love my baby no matter the outcome I will love them everyday they are with me! That is all attitude

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger Jenn said...

Ally - again - you said it perfectly. I agree 100% with the positive - you know I am a "always happens for a reason" type gal.

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Jessigirl said...

Ally,

Perfectly put! I feel the same way, and lately my "attitude" has been more good than bad. It's much more peaceful in this place, isn't it? Of course there are days that suck ass, but generally I am at peace with the way my lofe is going.

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Sporty said...

I agree with you too, Ally. When I am negative, just remind me to go back and read some of my "good attitude" posts.

Thanks for everything!

Take care and have a great weekend!

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Ally, I love this post. I think everyone should read it. It really makes you stop and think what kind of day you are going to ake up to. And for all of us TTC, it is so easy to be in a bad mood, or have a bad attitude, but what's the use? It's what is taking us all on this journey to our babies.

Heather M.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home