Photobucket

This is a blog about me, Ally, 44 now...trying to conceive baby #3. After 5 years, several miscarriages and heartaches we finally did it. Ava Lynn was born on January 30th 2009. Now I have two teenagers and a baby! Ally wants three is now complete. It's all gravy from here on in...

Saturday, April 02, 2005

The next step

Next week...on cd 2 or 3 I have to go get blood drawn for the following tests:

Estradiol Rapid
FSH
LH
TSH
T-4

Of those I know what 4 of them are. I guess the Estradiol is estrogen.

On CD 7-10 I have to have this test:
SONOHYSTEROGRAM -

The sonohysterogram is a special kind of ultrasound test in which fluid is injected into the uterus to see if there are any abnormalities in the shape or lining of the uterus. It sounds similar to the hysterosalpingogram (HSG) but is a very different test.

Unlike the HSG, this test is usually not painful, and can be done in the office.We do this test instead of the HSG in patients who are planning to do in vitro fertilization (IVF) or are undergoing evaluation for abnormal bleeding. It does not determine if the fallopian tubes are open.

Since I have had 3 pregnancies (2 successful), she doesn't feel the need to do the HSG.


Once I get these tests done, I have to see her again. I don't know if she will want to do the IUI this cycle ...if I can get in to see her before I ovulate then I will ask her. I will call to make an appointment first thing Monday morning...right after I get the appt for the sonogram.

It's all very overwhelming I know...and it's only gonna get worse.

I'm right behind ya Jenn. Two infertile test taking IUI having bitchy ass peas...here we comeeeeeeee.

Image hosting by Photobucket

1 Comments:

At 6:33 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Good luck on all your tests. I will be thinking about you. Keep us posted.

Heather M.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home