Photobucket

This is a blog about me, Ally, 44 now...trying to conceive baby #3. After 5 years, several miscarriages and heartaches we finally did it. Ava Lynn was born on January 30th 2009. Now I have two teenagers and a baby! Ally wants three is now complete. It's all gravy from here on in...

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

RE Follow-up Part II

When I saw the last RE (an associate of my Dr) he answered many of my questions but he felt that my own Dr. should clue me in as to what to do next. He was on vacation and a note was left for him to call me. I was stunned when he actually called his first day back (today) at 8:15Am.

We spoke for about 20 minutes...I feel very calm with him and I was happy when he first said "Ally, we need to get aggressive here". I agreed and asked a million questions about the next steps. He suggested Gonal-F injections for the next cycle. I start on CD 3 and take the shots for 7-10 days depending how my FSH looks in the blood tests. I take the HSG shot to make sure ovulation matures and then follow up with another IUI. I asked how the Gonal -F shots would be more effective than the Clomid (since I produce many follies on it) and he stated that the Gonal-F actually makes better eggs...and thats what I need at my age. Another good thing is that the effective rate doubles for a positive pregnancy. WOOWOO!!

So, I am hopeful once again. I sure hope these cysts dissipate in time and I don't have to sit out for another month. He is confident that they will.


IUI #4...here we come.

Image hosting by Photobucket

7 Comments:

At 12:50 PM, Blogger Paige said...

that is just the best news and hooray for having a doctor that is not afraid to be aggressive!

 
At 11:10 PM, Blogger Natalie said...

Hey Ally, it's Natalie from FF. I've finally signed up for a blog! I love reading yours and wanted to say that I am sooo sooo glad you doctor is being aggressive! Woo-Hoo! I bet you anything these shots will do the trick.
Good luck!!!

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger Sporty said...

That is great news Ally! I am so happy that you found an RE that you are comfortable with and is working with you.

You, as always, are in my thoughts and prayers.

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Liz said...

I'm so glad you found a dr that is willing to take an aggressive approach and most of all you are comfortable with him. Hope the cysts disappear and you will be able to start. This is it for you!

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Ally, it sounds like this doctor is the one for you!! I am pryaing that this is it for you!
Heather M.

 
At 2:17 AM, Blogger Heather P. said...

Good Luck Ally!! I hope all goes well with your new cycle. It sounds like you got a good dr there

 
At 7:47 AM, Blogger Mrs. D. said...

On to injectables! woo hoo!

Yay for an aggressive approach.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home