Photobucket

This is a blog about me, Ally, 44 now...trying to conceive baby #3. After 5 years, several miscarriages and heartaches we finally did it. Ava Lynn was born on January 30th 2009. Now I have two teenagers and a baby! Ally wants three is now complete. It's all gravy from here on in...

Sunday, June 04, 2006

CD 1

The bitch finally arrived. I was a little relieved because I really do hate the waiting and being in limbo.

Dave and I have decided to take off this month...and not do another IUI. I really need to regroup and speak to the Dr. I really want his imput as to why this is not working. He told me we would try a few Clomid cycles and then move onto injectibles but if I produce a good amount of follies on the Clomid, then why? I will schedule an appt this week to go over things.

I am still going to take my Clomid this month but other than that, it's au natural.

Yesterday I had a MRI for my knee. I went to my leg doctor on Friday and he is 90% sure I tore the main knee ligament. Surgery is the only cure and the recovery is very extensive. I am not planning on it as I'd have to put off my TTC efforts indefinately until I recovered and I just don't have that kind of time. I'll be 41 this September and my clock is just about out of batteries as it is!

On other news, can I just say this? My husband is absolutely wonderful! He spend the day yesterday grocery shopping to make me the most wonderful candlelit dinner. It was fabulous. We ate, drank wine ( I had a few lemon drops) , watched a movie and made love.

All I could think about when AF showed this morning is "Damn, he really deserves a child" "Am I just too old?" ...and it left me feeling a little sad and unable.

Can I do this for him? for us? for our family? Please God, can I?

Image hosting by Photobucket

7 Comments:

At 9:46 AM, Blogger Paige said...

So sorry Ally. I don't know what else to say, but I am thinking of you.

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Mrs. D. said...

Ally.. is it your ACL? Mr D had a major... I mean MAJOR... knee injury right before we met because he tore his ACL dancing in a show and things went really wrong(because of a bad doctor). Luckily for him he recovered about 85%... but his dancing days were over...

I hope you recover soon... and I am glad you had such a romantic evening with your hubby.

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Ally, I am so sorry. I hope au naturel works for you. It sounds like you have a keeper for a hubby. I am glad you were able to have such a wonderful evening.
Hugs, Heather M.

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Jessigirl said...

Oh I know about ACL surgery, both of my SIL's had to have it. I really wish there was another way. I will be on yahoo all day tomorrow so we will talk then.

Jess

P.S. Sorry AF showed...

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger Sporty said...

I'm sorry Ally. I hope that you can give Dave the little one that you are both longing for VERY soon. Hopefully you will be able to talk things out with the dr. and figure out what is going on.

As for your knee...that just sucks! Sorry that it has turned out to be so bad!

I hope you know that I am thinking about ya!

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger Liz said...

Ally, I'm so sorry...I know how hard all of this is. You are blessed to have Dave.

Sorry about your knee.

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

I'm so sorry it didn't work out. I hope ya'll can get things sorted out on what to do next.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home