Photobucket

This is a blog about me, Ally, 44 now...trying to conceive baby #3. After 5 years, several miscarriages and heartaches we finally did it. Ava Lynn was born on January 30th 2009. Now I have two teenagers and a baby! Ally wants three is now complete. It's all gravy from here on in...

Friday, January 27, 2006

Test results

Mood : The current mood of daveally at www.imood.com

I called my Houston RE to get my test results from the 15 vials of blood I had drawn. The nurse was pretty evasive. She basically said that all the tests came back fine except one. I asked her which one and all she could tell me was it was a MTHFR test. I tested positive for this. I looked it up on the net and this is what I found:

MTHFR stands for Metylene-Tetra-Hydro-Folate-Reductase. Some individuals with the homozygous MTHFR mutation have elevated homocysteine levels. Elevated homocysteine levels are a risk factor for blood clots.

I don't know at this point if those levels were high. She said the RE would go over the specifics with me. I asked if it was something that I could take meds for and she said baby aspirin would likely be the regimen but she won't know for certain til the dr. looks at the test more intensely.

So, now I have to wait until Monday. She is not in today so I have to suck it up all weekend. I will try not to worry about it too much. Why worry about something you can't control?

On another note, Dave will not be coming home this weekend. His doctor (and he) have said that it is taking quite a toll on him doing 8 hours of driving every weekend. So, he is taking a break and going to hang out in SA. Me and the kids are not happy about it but what can ya do...I can't be selfish where his health is concerned. I just wish I could take a break from the house and kids and do my own thing for one weeked...bye hey, mothers don't get that option. My daughter sprained her wrist and my son has been fighting a cold so I guess we'll just have to stay in and
watch kiddie movies all weekend. I'll certainly be happy when we move and I don't have all this stress anymore. I'm so sick of worry about mortgages, inspections, repairs, realtors, etc. I really never want to move again!

Ok, I'm done with my rant. Have a good weekend everyone.

Image hosting by Photobucket

4 Comments:

At 10:19 AM, Blogger Jessigirl said...

Well, I certainly will be praying for you to have some answers soon to all your tests. Do you have a close date yet?

Take care this weekend. Try to make it through, I know those kiddie movies can be maddening at times...

Jess

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger Heather said...

Ally, I am praying for you to have a sane weekend...I know how the movies can just be so monotonous...I am ready to ban them from my house. I'm sorry Dave can't come in this weekend...we all need a mommies night out, ya know? Dh never understands when I need a break, he says work is not a break for him, but all I can say is "there are no kids at work are there??" Anyway, I hope the kids get to feeling better and you get all the stuff done with your house and can move very soon. You deserve to be a complete family again. Good luck waiting until monday on your results. I know it will be hard. I'll say a prayer for extra patience this weekend.
Hugs, Heather M.

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger Liz said...

I know waiting until Monday is frustrating. I hope the doctor will provide some details and a plan. Hope the kids get better.

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

I am sorry thatyou got disappointing news - I have heard of - what has been inaffectionately called as - motherfucker - but I don't know the particulars.
I'm sorry Dave isn't coming home this weekend, soon it will be all over and you will be together all the time.
I hope Mikey's cold doesn't become full blown and Kelly's wrist is ok.
Talk to you soon pea!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home