Photobucket

This is a blog about me, Ally, 44 now...trying to conceive baby #3. After 5 years, several miscarriages and heartaches we finally did it. Ava Lynn was born on January 30th 2009. Now I have two teenagers and a baby! Ally wants three is now complete. It's all gravy from here on in...

Friday, January 13, 2006

Not the best news

Today was my follow-up RE appointment. I told her we were moving and I just wanted to touch base with her on what my next step would be. So this is what she said:

1- Did we do everything to find out why I keep miscarriaging? Answer: No.
2- What do we need to do? Answer: blood testing...15 vials of blood later. They are testing everything from autoimmune disorders to blood clotting problems. All results will be given to me in about 2 weeks. Good news is...if there is a problem, it CAN be corrected.
3 - What are we up against? Answer: More than likely, my age. She told me a horrifying statistic. Woman 40 and over have a 90% chance of having a defected egg. My stomach about dropped into my lap.
4 - What are my options? IVF using donor eggs (don't know quite how I feel about that but it's a 60% success rate) and about 16,000 dollars, IVF with genetic testing (20-30% success rate) and about 15,000 dollars or keep taking Clomid or shots to increase egg production therefore increasing percent of getting a good egg. Guess what option I'm going for?? Door #3.

SO...that is it. She gave me the name of an aggressive RE in San Antonio that she will foward all my records to. I will do nothing until I see him...except maybe pray for a miracle.

Image hosting by Photobucket

7 Comments:

At 10:22 AM, Blogger Heather P. said...

Hi Ally,
I know that you are moving to CA so things are going to cost more there. For me IVF was only about $9000 with ICIS. Hope that gives you a market price to start looking at. Good Luck with your new dr and the MOVE!!

 
At 11:15 PM, Blogger Jessigirl said...

Ally,

I would give you my eggs for free, if you would have them or need them. But I know that your ultimate goal was to have a baby with Dave that is half his half yours. It's not bad news, there is still hope.

Love ya,

Jess

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger Jenn said...

I think I would go the way you are going - 15 vials of blood - man! What did Dave say? I am sorry it wasn't exactly what you wanted to hear - but I am glad you have several options.
Take Care.

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger Mrs. D. said...

My record for the same tests was 14 vials... so you are the winner!

hmmm... I know a lot of women who have had healthy babies over 40/// those statistics sound scary and I am not sure I would worry about them to much.

I will keep praying for a miracle in the next couple of months... starnager things have happened...

love!

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Sporty said...

I will definitely keep praying for you and Dave. I think that right now you are going with the right option.

If you need anything or there is anything that I can do, let me know.

Love ya and take care,
Chas

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Liz said...

I know the statistics wasn't great but don't lose hope. I think getting the b/w done to see what the problem is should be the first step. Hopefully it will shed some light as to what the problem is and they can do something about it. I also think the fact that your first IUI worked is great. I know it will happen again, it may take some time but you will have your miracle...don't give up.

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

Ally,

I hope they are able to find and fix the problem.

Good luck.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home