Photobucket

This is a blog about me, Ally, 44 now...trying to conceive baby #3. After 5 years, several miscarriages and heartaches we finally did it. Ava Lynn was born on January 30th 2009. Now I have two teenagers and a baby! Ally wants three is now complete. It's all gravy from here on in...

Sunday, July 31, 2005

A little worried

So, I'm freaking just a little today. I took a test on the monitor...it's CD 10 and I was surprised that it was a high reading. I don't know if it's the Clomid making my estrogen levels rise but I have never gotten a peak before day 14. Usually I only get one day of high and then it's peak the next day. I will call the doctor and see what to do if anything. I sure hope I don't have to cancel the iui this month. David won't be back until Thursday night and Friday is the iui date.

Keeping fingers crossed!!

Ok, did a little reading and this is what I found. I hope this is the case with me. I also did a chart search on FF...women using the monitor and on Clomid and I did see many more high readings before the peak as well...so that makes me feel better.

Can I still use the Clearblue Easy Fertility Monitor if I am taking Clomid?

You may still use the Clearblue Easy Fertility Monitor if you are taking Clomid, but please be aware that the Clearblue Easy Fertility Monitor may not reliably detect High Fertility. However, it may still be possible to detect Peak Fertility. Therefore, if you are taking Clomid and trying to conceive, you may still benefit from using the Clearblue Easy Fertility Monitor, but consult with your physician first. In a recent study on patients using the Clearblue Easy Fertility Monitor while taking Clomid, some patients did experience more High Fertility days when taking Clomid but their Peak Fertility days were still accurately identified.

...and another site said this as well...

Can I still use the Clearblue Fertility Monitor if I am taking Clomid?

Yes, you may still use the Clearblue Easy Fertility Monitor if you are taking Clomid, but please be aware that Clomid can impact the Monitor's interpretation of your fertility. This is actually the same thing that can happen with regular ovulation test sticks and, to some degree, ovulation microscopes. If you are using Clomid, the two bar "High Fertility" result may begin a bit earlier in your cycle and last longer than if you were not on clomid. Moreover, because Clomid can facilitate the presence of very high estrogen levels, the Clearblue may not display Peak Fertility at all, even right before you ovulate. Therefore, interpreting results requires a bit of critical thinking - though taking clomid certainly does not "bar" you using the monitor (bad pun unintended...) Happy testing!


ok, I feel better now.

Image hosting by Photobucket

3 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, Blogger Sporty said...

It is going to be fine. Try to think positive and know that everything is going to work out. You will have the IUI on Friday!

Take care and talk to you later.

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger Liz said...

There's never a dull moment...there's always something for us to worry about. Try to maintain a positive outlook...everything is going to be fine and in 2 weeks you will be making your big announcement. Praying that all goes well and this is your month!

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Heather said...

Ally, I am sorry that I have not been around much but wanted to stop by and say I am thinking of you and praying for you on Friday. Just remember, I will be cheering you on from my bed, just not online. Take care!
Heather M.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home