Photobucket

This is a blog about me, Ally, 44 now...trying to conceive baby #3. After 5 years, several miscarriages and heartaches we finally did it. Ava Lynn was born on January 30th 2009. Now I have two teenagers and a baby! Ally wants three is now complete. It's all gravy from here on in...

Friday, June 03, 2005

My house is temporarily off the market

As if I wasn't in a funk from the usual goings on in my life, it has taken a turn for the worse.

I noticed three days ago that there was some water flooding a part of my yard. I checked the hoses and the water valves, both off. It wasn't until I saw water coming in between my wood planks on the floor that I started to panic. I called my home warranty company who dispatched a plumber immediately. His findings: a leak under the house in between the water heater and the sink in my kitchen.

Tomorrow they are coming at 8AM to dig up the side of the house and then Sunday the plumber comes in to fix the leak and reroute the lines so this doesn't happen again. In the interim the 6 month old wood floors we put in are trashed and have to be replaced in the kitchen and dining room.

There is some good news in this. My insurance is paying for everything the warranty service isn't covering minus their deductible. So, needless to say, my home will look like total shit for the next 2 weeks while they fix things and we get the floors redone. Thats two weeks without showing it and two weeks further into the summer without moving.

Is it too early for Vodka???

Image hosting by Photobucket

3 Comments:

At 9:32 AM, Blogger Liz said...

I'm so sorry about this...as if you needed something else to stress about. This is SO frustrating...AAAGGGHHHH!!!! I hope things are fixed very quickly...I know the waiting sucks!

 
At 9:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am really sorry that you are going through all this with your house right now. I hope that afterward it will be worth more than it was before.

 
At 6:43 AM, Blogger Heather P. said...

Wow, When it rains it pours literally!! Glad to hear that the insurance is paying!! Sorry this means a temporary off the market for you house. Boy, I wish you could find someone to buy your house so you can go and get your new one!!
Heather

 

Post a Comment

<< Home