Photobucket

This is a blog about me, Ally, 44 now...trying to conceive baby #3. After 5 years, several miscarriages and heartaches we finally did it. Ava Lynn was born on January 30th 2009. Now I have two teenagers and a baby! Ally wants three is now complete. It's all gravy from here on in...

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

A new plan

Today was CD3 and my scheduled FSH (ovarian reserve) test with my RE. I called them to let them know I would be coming in before work to draw blood. I wanted to get a hold of my doctor to say HI and fill him in on on my acupuncture. I wound up sitting with him for over 30 minutes. I love an accessible Dr. He told me it was ok to continue but he did not want me on the herbal tinctures. He told be they screw with my estrogen receptors (whatever that means) and he wanted me to do a cycle of Clomid. So, that's what I'm doing. Clomid this cycle from CD3-7, opks to determine ovulation and bding on appropriate days. He also put me on progesterone starting 5 days after Oing.

This short and sweet visit turned into a different plan altogether. The way he sees it (and the way it's been going) is that I don't seem to have a problem getting pregnant it's staying pregnant...so we'll see if the combo of Clomid and acupuncture do the trick.

Maybe I won't need IVF..fingers and follies crossed!

Image hosting by Photobucket

6 Comments:

At 11:37 AM, Blogger Paige said...

Good luck so much to you.....I hope this is it for you.

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger Natalie said...

Oh! This is a GREAT plan. How awesome would it be if you didn't have to do IVF? C'mon clomid / acupuncture!! Good Luck Ally!! :)

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger Sporty said...

Like I said before.....you are in my thoughts and prayers! I hope that this will work for you and that you won't need the IVF!

Love ya!

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

Like I said the other night at our chat...I will cross everything I possible can that you won't need the IVF. Thinking about you!

 
At 4:01 AM, Blogger Heather P. said...

I hope this works for you!!!! Good luck sending you sticky baby vibes!
Heather P

 
At 5:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everything crossed for good luck and I am also sending positive vibes across the globe to you.
Hugs'n'Luv to you.
Lesley

 

Post a Comment

<< Home