Photobucket

This is a blog about me, Ally, 44 now...trying to conceive baby #3. After 5 years, several miscarriages and heartaches we finally did it. Ava Lynn was born on January 30th 2009. Now I have two teenagers and a baby! Ally wants three is now complete. It's all gravy from here on in...

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Acupuncture

Yesterday was my acupuncture appt. He explained what it entails and asked me a million questions about my infertility. He asked me how many miscarriages I had and I almost lost it. He went through the basic techniques, inspected my tongue(YES tongue) because says it holds the key to what could be the problem. He also took my pulse on both wrists.

This is what he came up with...

I have a liver defiency which in laymen's terms means I don't have enough blood circulating in my body. I knew he was right on with that one. I have anemia, am always cold and pale and dry brittle nails. He also said my spleen is deficient. I know what you are thinking. This guy can look at a person's tongue and get all that??? That's what I thought too...but the way he explained it...made perfect sense. At this rate, I have to try everything right??

So, this is the plan. I'm going to start acupuncture next week. I'm also going to do chinese herbs.I will do this weekly until my IVF in January. I will do to my RE next month for my ovarian reserve test and if that comes back well, then we proceed with everything. Oh, and did I mention...my insurance covers IVF! Holy crap. I didn't know that! It only covers a maximum of $10,000 so I have 1 shot to get this right! Now you know why I'm doing the acupuncture...I have to get all of my organs, my hormones and my eggs in perfect alignment for the IVF.

I know it's alot to chew on...plus with a full time job, a hubby and 2 kids but I can do it. If nothing else, the acupuncture will destress me (I hope) and get me calm for what's been happening and what's set to happen.

Wish me luck.

Image hosting by Photobucket

3 Comments:

At 1:09 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

I am amazed at what he told you just by looking at your tongue! Very Weird!!!

I think you can handle anything that comes your way - you are a super strong person!

We need to chat -it has been forever - I got to speak to Chas for about 2 minutes on Saturday when we were working ALL DAY!

Miss you pea!

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Paige said...

I really hope the new protocol is just what you need for your IVF, I still read you all the time and love when you update.

 
At 4:41 AM, Blogger Heather P. said...

Wow, I didn't think you could tell so much about a person by their tongue! LOL What money we are wasting!

I do hope this is all you need and everything comes out great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home