Photobucket

This is a blog about me, Ally, 44 now...trying to conceive baby #3. After 5 years, several miscarriages and heartaches we finally did it. Ava Lynn was born on January 30th 2009. Now I have two teenagers and a baby! Ally wants three is now complete. It's all gravy from here on in...

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Poked and Gagged

Yesterday was my 1st session with acupuncture. Before I went in, he went over what he is trying to accomplish based on his findings for me. I have three deficiencies. One is a Liver deficiency which I will list the symptoms for...most of them I have. 2nd is a Kidney Yang defiency...that one is interesting because it lists infertility as a symptom. Third is Spleen Defiency. All the symptoms in bold is what I have.

Liver Deficiency courtesy of Google

Palpitations Forgetfulness, poor memoryInsomniaShortness of breathDizzinessFatigueExcessive dreamingConstipationPale complexion Pale and dry, cracked lipsDry mouthHeadache with lightheadednessFloatersAnxietyNumbness or tingling in limbsDry skinDry, brittle hairLight menses TonguePale tongue

Kidney Yang Deficiency

Sore lower backCopious, pale urineCold limbsDislike coldWeak legsWater retention in the legs Poor appetiteLoose stoolsInfertilitySexual dysfunctionPremature ejaculationChronic vaginal dischargeLoose teethRelated ConditionsChronic nephritisLow back painSexual dysfunctionChronic urinary and prostate problemsChronic ear disordersAdrenal fatigueHypothyroidismDepressionErectile dysfunction

Symptoms of Spleen Qi Deficiency

Weakness, lethargyPale, bright faceShallow breathingLow, soft voiceLittle desire to speakpPoor appetiteProlonged headacheFatigueLoose stoolsLethargyDizzinessTired eyesDislike cold greasy foodsHeadache after exertionSymptoms are worse in the morningAbdominal discomfort which feels better when pressure is appliedIndigestionBloating and gasWeak limbsTonguePale or normal tongue. May have swollen sides PulseWeak pulse


Anyway, back to my appt. I am a little nervous but he assures me that I won't feel the needles. He placed them in my lower back and in my lower legs. It didn't hurt going in but when I moved my toes I could feel one which shot a jolt up my leg...and NO, it didn't feel good. So, I layed perfectly still on my belly for 20 minutes until the time was up. I didn't expect what would happen next. When I got up I couldn't see! I was so dizzy I needed to sit down. I felt like Pig Pen because I had a cloud on top of my head. He tried to get me to read this herb bottle and I couldn't see the letters. Very weird but he said it was completely normal. NOT TO ME! After about 5 minutes I was ok and left...but damn, that was wierd. All the blood felt like it left my head and it did. According to him, the blood was moving to the places he put the needles so it kind of put my system in a temporary shock. I don't have enough blood traveling in my system and he got it moving again...WOAH, this shit is powerful. He also gave me this herbal tincture which I have to take 3X a day...tastes like poison and makes me gag but it's supposed to help my liver as well.

So, that's it. I will be going to him 2X a week until my IVF. I hope it's a little better next time.

Image hosting by Photobucket

5 Comments:

At 8:41 AM, Blogger Jenn said...

I hope it is better next time too! That is scary stuff. Good luck!!! You are a better person than me!

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Natalie said...

Wow! What an experience for your first time huh? I've never had that feeling when doing acupunture-I seem to always fall asleep. We'll have to compare the different points that they do. I love it because everytime I just feel so relaxed and hope that it will come to that point for you too. Catch me online and we'll talk acupuncture!!

Getting so excited for you to do IVF! It's gonna work Ally!!

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger Sporty said...

Damn Ally! I sure hope that your next appt. goes much smoother. Keep us updated.

Lets try to chat soon...I miss ya!

 
At 10:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I've never had acupuncture but I have only ever heard really good and positive things about it though. I too hope that everything is a little less overwhelming for you at your next session. I'm excited and happy that your first I.V.F is covered by your insurance. What a nice thing to find out. And it's not far away now. The year has just flown by.
Hope your weekend has been really relaxing.
Hugs'n'luv Lesley

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Liz said...

What a weird thing to happen. I did acupuncture for my 3rd IVF and did not find it very relaxing. I hope the next session will be better.

I read your previous posts and I understand how hard it is to quit. Wishing you the best. Email me if you want to talk about the IVF process.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home