Photobucket

This is a blog about me, Ally, 44 now...trying to conceive baby #3. After 5 years, several miscarriages and heartaches we finally did it. Ava Lynn was born on January 30th 2009. Now I have two teenagers and a baby! Ally wants three is now complete. It's all gravy from here on in...

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

My 100 things...

I saw a few people doing this and I thought I'd give it a whirl. See if it inspires you to do the same.

100 Things about me (no specific order applied)

1. I have brown eyes. I like my eyes.
2. I have a middle name- it's legally Mary but I changed it to Marie (after my grandmother whom I adored).
3. The handles on the cups in my kitchen cupboard have to face all in the same direction. It’s a tick.
4. I hate to wear shoes
5. I met my husband on the Internet.
6. My husband is German, I am not.
7. I speak 2 languages, 1 fluently and 1 semi-fluently.
8. I used to have long brown hair, but it has been very short, black, red and grey. It's currently short.
9. I love chocolate – the dark 70% Coco type.
10. My parents were married for 50 years when my mother died of heart disease..
11. I love the combination of pink and red, especially for clothes.
12. I have naturally very white teeth.
13. I hate beer but I love Shmirnoff(sp).
14.I am a neat freak.
15. I can’t iron or polish shoes, but I am a good cook.
16. I played the clarinet for 5 years.
17. I've been watching All My Children since I was 10 years old.
18. I can’t sing, but I sing along to my music while driving.
19. I have never been to another country.
20.My favorite store is one that carries shoes.
21. I suffer from a mild case of road rage. People just don’t know how to drive ;-)
22. I am the youngest of 5.
23. I would have loved to become a hairdresser – maybe I will some day.
24. I love my Volvo. I smile every time I see it.
25. I despise my father. He's a sorry excuse for a human being. My mother I loved but never really understood.
26. I don’t like most cheeses – I love parmesan though and mozzerella.
27. I hate people that don't buckle their kids in the car. I want to roll down the window and scream at them.
28. I am happily married to my best friend.
29.I Always have nipple-itis...even in the summer.
30. I would never do plastic surgery for purely cosmetic reasons, but I don’t judge people who do it. I don’t know if I would do it if I had an accident and would be disfigured.
31. I can’t watch horror movies and only a few thrillers – I am too chicken.
32. I hit a car on my road test and still passed.
33. I can’t dive headfirst into a swimming pool. I always land on my stomach.
34. I am always cold – I hate being cold (which probably accounts for the nipple-itis). The Better Half is a natural source of extreme heat for me.
35. I have long thin feet – shoes generally fit perfectly. I have a “tiny” addiction to buying shoes (and purses for that matter).
36. I don’t like canned tuna – fresh grilled I love.
37. I have every fucking symptom of PMS.
38. I always wished that I could swim with dolphins...this past weekend we went to SeaWorld and I got to pet one...it warmed my heart.
39. My favorite actor is George Clooney.
40. I miss my IPP sistahs.
41. I love to work out...it invigorates me.
42. I have 4 siblings and I rarely speak to any of them.
43. We moved around alot when I was a kid and I was terribly unhappy.
44. I chew on the skin around my fingernails. It’s a horrible tick that I inherited from my mom.
45. I love to read. I am a very slow reader though.
46. I love Charlie Brown.
47. I sing when I clean, it makes it go faster :-S
48. I was pretty poor growing up..it makes me appreciate what a great living Dave can provide for us.
49. I was diagnosed as having hypothyroidism and must take pills for the rest of my life. I was also diagnosed as having Generalized Anxiety Disorder but thru meds and therapy...I am much better.
50.I wouldn't travel to certain countries because of their government situation, i.e. leadership.
51. Taking down Berlin Wall, in my opinion, has been one of the greatest political/societal achievements of the last century.
52. I love pasta in any form. I make it myself once in a while.
53. My mother always told me what a big child I was and what a bad labor it was, hense being born on Labor Day (as she said).
54. My mother had 2 sisters and wasn't particularly close to them because my father was very controlling.
55. I am currently (ok for the last 4 years) trying to loose 10 lbs. It’s not much, but it seems impossible.
56. I really hate to fly.
57. I had two tattoos but hardy show them because people might think I'm tacky.
58. I can lick my nose with the tip of my tongue.
59. When I was a child I wanted to become the first female president...or an actress.
60. I used to write poetry but looking back, I was just a lonely kid.
61. I never sleep completely naked although I like to be naked.
62. I make my own italian cookies.
64. I did drugs as a teenager. Smoked pot and cocaine...peer pressure sorta thing. Now I can't even stand someone that smokes.
65. I turn 41 this year.
66. I have dated 3 guys at one time. I was exhausted and eventually found out.
67. I love animals, except for jellyfish, spiders, frogs and flying insects….
68. I have a cat & three dogs and thinking about a salt water aquarium.
69. I am the mother of two beautiful kids (boy and girl).
70. I am not a sporty person, but I do run fairly frequently.
71. I can’t wear tights or panty hose, I get totally itchy on my legs…it’s psychological. I show my legs in the summer though without anything covering them.
72. I am fanaticial about putting hand cream on.
73. I hate computer or video games, especially those involving weapons.
74. I get seasick easily, also on planes.
75. I am a SAHM but I admit I miss working.
76. I get chronic headaches. I think it's allergies.
77. I like to watch TV in bed but my hubby doesn't. He prefers sex. LOL
78. All time favorite movie (since it came out) “My Cousin Vinny". " & Rain Man".
79. I had major surgery on my nose & hands (my fingers were cut off as a kid).
80. I swear alot! ( I think it's the New York in me)
81. I obsessively drink iced tea. I like vanilla coffee too.
82. I am so scared of miscarriage..TRwice is enough.
83. I will be married 7 years this June.
84. I got a speeding ticket last week. 47 in a 45... stupid ass cop.
85. Before falling asleep at night I fantasize about something exciting that will change my life.
86. I always wanted another child before I was 40. My parents were very young when they had me and I liked that a lot! That didn’t work out for me though.
87. I have a sweet tooth.
88. My favorite city at the moment is San Antonio...so much to do here.
89. My high school sweetheart still has a thing for me. We dated 5 years.
90 I don't know what I'd do without my computer.
91. I always had a nick name...Ally – except from my mom who used to call me "Oddy"...don'task me why.
92. I believe in God and his plan for me...I just wish I knew what that was.
93. I met the NY Yankees when I was 10...they came to see me in the hospital.
94. I really feel it's my destiny to have a child with David.
95. I immediately start to cry when watching Birthing Stories on TV. I don’t cry much otherwise.
96. I have developed allergies since I moved to SA....I think it's the cedar trees.
97. I have freckeles all over my back.
98. I just moved into a new home which I didn't even choose. Thank God he has good taste and knows what I like.
99. I am an optimist. Always have been, and I hope I always will be. Sometimes I get down but not for long.
100. I want David have a biological child. I want him to hold his son and daughter for the first time. I have never seen him cry and I think this would do it.

Image hosting by Photobucket

5 Comments:

At 7:53 AM, Blogger Jessigirl said...

I love it!!! But there is no way in hell I could think up a list that long! LOL

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Sporty said...

I am with Jess...thanks for sharing all of that with us.

Always nice to get a little more insight on someone that you care about!

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Oh good lord!!! We have WAY too much in common!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Heather M.

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

I could copy and paste about 75% of that list for myself - truly two peas.

I miss you Ally - we need to chat SOON! Hope you are feeling ok.

Love, Jenn

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger BD said...

I still need to get this done yet...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home